Created by Team Bunny Athlete: Christine Dobrocky
- 4 zucchini
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 tsp herb and garlic seasoning or substitute for any seasoning of choice
- Chop zucchini into small circular pieces
- Bring water in a pot to a boil
- Add zucchini to boiling water
- Let zucchini cook for approximately 5-10 minutes on medium heat
- Check periodically to ensure the zucchini has cooked enough to a soft consistency
- Strain zucchini and let sit and cool for 10 minutes
- Place zucchini in the pot and mash it up with a fork
- Add in ½ cup of salsa – you can add addition salsa for desired consistency – the more salsa you add the more of a sauce you will get. The less salsa used will yield a more paste like consistency
- Add desired seasonings and spices
- This delicious zucchini sauce/paste can be add to any dish that may require added flavour and substance without unhealthy added calories or preservatives found in store bought sauces and pastes.
- Use it as a topping on top of rice, potatoes and meat dishes such as fish, chicken and turkey.
- An excellent way to get your daily vegetable servings in as well.