Want to spice up your minced turkey with a healthy, easy & quick recipe? Give this one a try!
Ingredients (makes 10-12 meatballs)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 2 tbsp pesto sauce
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup no sugar added tomato sauce (optional)
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine the turkey, spinach, pesto sauce, egg, garlic powder, salt + pepper. Everything but the red pepper flakes
- Roll into equal size balls (should make 10-12) and set aside
- In a cooking pan (preferably one that can go into the oven), heat olive oil over medium heat on stovetop, add meatballs and brown about 3 minutes on each side
- Transfer pan into oven and cook for 18 minutes
- Once the meatballs are cooked through, add tomato sauce on top of the meatballs and cook for another 1-2 minutes
- Serving suggestions: Meatballs can be eaten as is, on top of spaghetti squash, zucchini noodles, quinoa pasta etc.
Looking For More Recipes Like this?
Check out the Bunny Approved Cookbook with over 100 recipes! Plus, all proceeds go to the Canadian Women’s Foundation!