Enjoy a tasty and protein-packed breakfast by using protein instead of flour to make pancakes. This recipe can be made with any type of protein powder, including those with a chocolate or vanilla flavor. It is low in carbohydrates and contains no processed sugars, so it can accommodate most diets. One can easily toss in mix-ins like fresh blueberries or nuts if desired.
- 1 cup oats
- 2 scoops protein powder
- 2 Tbs. ground flax seeds
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 banana
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup optional mix-ins
- Place all ingredients besides the mix-ins in a blender or food processor and mix until a smooth batter forms.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Keep in mind that the pancakes may fall apart if the heat is too low.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter at a time into the pan.
- If desired, gently sprinkle some mix-ins on the pancake in the pan.
- Wait two to three minutes until the edges look slightly dry, and then flip the pancake.
- Cook a minute or two more and serve warm.